Sunday, July 6, 2008

July Update on Beau Torbert

The summer is moving along. I wrote an update of Beau Torbert in June so keeping with that I am writing an update for July. The Sioux Falls Canaries won the first half North Division title in the American Association. So Beau and the Canaries will have playoff baseball! Beau Torbert has played in 52 games and is batting .299. He also has a team high 13 home runs and a team high 46 RBIs. He has also scored 37 runs and hit 9 doubles and a triple.

Beau will probably be named an All-Star in the American Association. Torbert is showing a lot more power than he showed while he was in the Astros organization. Beau also continues to hit the ball very well.

2 comments:

Tucker said...

I cam across this blog while trying to find some stats on Beau - Beau is one of my best friends from back home - keep up the good writing, I will stay tuned to to your blog.

Mike said...

Thanks! I met him while he was playing in Lexington and Salem, he is a great guy!