Sunday, August 9, 2009

Baseball Top Five Lists and a Beau Update

I am still waiting for two articles to publish which aren't baseball related. In the main time I published two baseball top five lists.

The first one, My List of Top 5 Hitters of All-Time, list the top 5 hitters of all-time in baseball. Of course these are debatable. The five I chose were Ty Cobb, Hank Aaron, Pete Rose, Tony Gwynn and Joe Jackson.

The second one, The Top 5 Outfielders of All-Time, could be just as debatable if not more than my list of hitters. My list of top 5 hitters could also be exchangeable except for Pete Rose. I chose Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, Ty Cobb, Willie Mays and Ken Griffey Jr.

In both articles I know I left out a lot of great ones. It is tough to narrow those two categories down to 5 with so many years of baseball history.

Since, I am on the subject of baseball I might as well give an update on Beau Torbert, the greatest outfielder in the American Association. Beau's batting average has cooled down a bit to .339, however he has played in 44 games now. He is tied for second on the team with 6 home runs. Torbert is third on the team in runs batted in with 34. Beau does lead the team in batting and would be fourth in the league but hasn't played enough to be ranked among the leaders. It is August so I will try to keep the updates coming more often on Beau as his season winds down.

No comments: