Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gerry Rafferty Passed Away

I confirmed the news at the New York Times. You can read the article here. Gerry Rafferty was a great song writer with Stealer's Wheel and solo. My favorite song by him is "Right Down the Line" which a friend posted on facebook. It is a beautiful song. One I don't listen to a lot but when I do it is one that grabs me. "Stuck in the Middle With You" is a fun song from his Stealer's Wheel days. "Baker Street" appears to be a song he is famed for or was the most successful.

He died at the age of 63 apparently from kidney and liver problems. Sorry the world lost a musician, an artist. I am thankful we can listen to the songs he left behind. So, 2011 starts with another musician gone. May he rest in peace, away from his depression and demons.

No comments: