Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Bla's

I've probably said this before, I repeat myself from time to time. I think that may have something to do with my graying hair. Anyway, besides seeing your parents suffer from various ailments as they grow older and wishing them the best in fighting those ailments. Adult children as they grow older and see their parents go through what they go through, we get the extra burden of knowing that is probably what we get to look forward too.

So, I wish my parents would stop having ailments. It is really a win win. They don't have to suffer, and I don't have to look forward to the coming attractions. It is a true sentiment with a bit of humor. Truth is it sucks that my mom is going through a battle with cancer. She has had two surgeries this year alone. My dad has some heart issues. Thank goodness no heart attacks. And I wonder why my loving wife demanded I go to the ER last Spring when I had chest pains.

The truth is sometimes life stinks. I wish these things would go away, just like any of life's problems. They don't go away. So, it is better to grab a fleeting moment to smile or laugh.


No comments: