Friday, April 22, 2011

A to Z: Queen

Queen was one of the first bands I remember liking or at least the song "Another One Bites the Dust." I remember going to summer camp in Florida and hearing that song and AC/DC a lot. My musical tastes floated back to more of a top 40 taste before reverting back.



In my life Queen was coming back to me in my early college years. "The Highlander" movies series were popular there. The album/soundtrack "It's A Kinda Magic" is a master piece from the group. Unfortunately, Freddie Mercury passed away around this time.

However, I still like Queen even tasteful covers by the California Guitar Trio.


1 comment:

Jeff Beesler said...

Queen was a great band. My dad used to say "Another one bites the dust" all the time to me when I was little. Until I got older I had no idea where that came from or what he was talking about.

It's a pleasure to meet you via the A-Z Challenge!