Sunday, June 5, 2011

Passing it on

Blues is a traditional American music form which has been passed down from one generation to the next. Today, I continued this tradition with my daughter. My daughter is four years old and loves music. I encourage her and my wife and I share our music, the music we like with her. She also hears her own music as she develops her own taste. I support that too and trust me I heard about it when I bought my daughter a Justin Beiber shirt.

Today, I took her to the harmonica workshop. Where she learned a bit about the harmonica and encouraged to learn more. She was also able to watch Joanne Shaw Taylor perform. My daughter loves my guitars. She also loves to hear girls singing on the radio. What better way to introduce my daughter to the blues than with a girl kicking it on the guitar.

I want my daughter to be inspired. I want to keep the music I love alive and I want to share it with my daughter.


No comments: