Sunday, July 24, 2011

Amy Winehouse R.I.P.

Curt Cobain I think perhaps wanted to join the 27 club, Amy Winehouse I don't think she really wanted to join it. Amy had her demons she was battling, I think in the end her demons won. In the end, we have lost a talented singer.

It isn't an opinion that she was a talented singer. Her debut album won 5 Grammy Awards, there has to be talent in order to pull off that feat. Perhaps one day we will be lucky to hear the album she was working on. Like so many artists who have died to young we will never know what her talent and creativity would have brought if she lived a longer life.

I love the blues and guitar music I often think what would have happened if Jimi Hendrix would have lived longer. Could you imagine the songs Janis Joplin would have sang? The lyrics Jim Morrison would have composed? We could go right down the list of the 27 club and ask questions. Now we ask questions about Amy Winehouse.

Here is Amy performing her hit song Rehab:



Here is some other coverage of her death:


Amy Winehouse may your demons now leave you alone and may you rest in peace. Thank you for the songs that we can still listen too.

No comments: