Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wanee Festival to Release 2012 Lineup Monday

Wanee Festival made this announcement on Facebook "Wanee 2012 lineup announcement this Monday at 10am! Tickets on sale Friday January 20 at 10am!" 


If you love music with a leaning towards jam bands you will not be disappointed with the lineup. I went last year and I had a blast! I'm pretty sure The Allman Brothers Band will be doing a set or two. I had put them as one of my top 10 Southern Rock groups of all time and mentioned them as a jam band as well. As well as Devon Allman who is one of my favorite artists of 2011. 


Here is a review of the 2011 Wanee Music Festival I wrote last year. Of course last year they had Robert Plant and his Band of Joy here is a review of their set.This song and performance by Robert Plant and his Band of Joy has to be one of the musical highlights of my life..


Thankfully some one captured it on youtube! 


I am excited to find out who will be in the 2012 lineup! Here are the Allman Brothers captured from last year with Blues legend Taj Mahal..




Plus the festival is put together in a beautiful park that even inspired me to write a poem.
Here is a picture of Robert Plant on stage at Wanee 2011, the girl is Patty Griffin and Darrell Scott on mandolin.
Here is Devon Allman..






and here is the river..





No comments: