Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fifty Years of Bob Dylan


Bob Dylan released his first album 50 years ago yesterday. I don't think there has been a better song writer in modern times. His songs have been covered by just about everyone. Amnesty International just released a 4 disc set of covers called "Chimes of Freedom." Here is the oldest person covering Bob Dylan with some youthful help...


Here is a link to an article I wrote about the top ten Bob Dylan covers but it is probably outdated being two years old. Heck even when I went to the Experience Hendrix concert they covered two songs penned by Bob Dylan.

My favorite song by Dylan is "Every Grain of Sand"it touched me when I first heard it...

My favorite Dylan album is "Blood on the Tracks". Ithink my favorite cover of Bob Dylan is the one I heard at Wanee last year. I consider it one of the biggest musical moments I ever witnessed...

Well I am thankful for the 50 years of songs Bob Dylan has provided...




No comments: