Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A to Z: Inherit the Wind Revisited

Okay, I am reaching back to October for this review. Now it wasn't the biggest production I covered but it was among my first classic dramas I reviewed. The production was done by a very good community company called the Fredericktowne Players and it was performed at Frederick Community College. Yes, it is a community college but it is very high tech.The play was none other than Inherit the Wind. A play about a trial in the South, involving evolution, religion, science and more so it is indeed a drama.

You can read my review here. However, on a cold fall day it was nice to take in a play set in the deep south. It kind of changes your latitude at least in your mind. It is a good thing about theatre, movies, music, and entertainment and can provide that bit of escape. You can hear a story, listen to other problems and forget your own. 

No comments: