Friday, May 11, 2012

31 years ago...The Legacy of Bob Marley

I have a lot of Bob Marley related stuff happening in my life next week. However, it was 31 years ago today Bob Marley passed away. To me is the Elvis of Reggae music, the king of the genre. I like the positive vibe of his music. I'm a fan of reggae ( I like a lot of music, if you haven't guessed). I have been to reggae festivals in clubs in Washington, D.C. that are no longer there. I've seen Stephen Marley perform which was incredible.Unfortunately Bob Marley passed away before I got a chance to see him. Great lyrics, good vibrations, plus the flavor of the Islands what's not to like..

Anyway this isn't my first post about Bob Marley and it won't be my last. However to remember him on his day here is some footage from his funeral...

He survived being shot only to die due to cancer(yet another reason for me to dislike cancer)


Well I will leave you with a song...




1 comment:

Donna L Martin said...

Hi! My mission...which I chose to accept...was to continue to visit as many A to Z Challenge participants as I could even after the challenge is over because I didn't want to miss out on any great bloggers out there! Lovely blog...good luck with the rest of the year and I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Donna L Martin
www.donasdays.blogspot.com