Tuesday, August 21, 2012

R.I.P. Scott McKenzie

Another hippie gone. Scott McKenzie gained fame for singing the song "San Francisco."  You might now the song about putting a flower in your hair. I discovered it via Led Zeppelin they added it to one of their "Whole Lota Love" medleys and I researched it and liked the song. Here you can take a listen..



You can read his obit here from the Telegraph. The song was written by John Phillips of The Mamas and the Papas. Scott co-wrote the Beach Boys song "Kokomo"


It is a shame he didn't really have another hit of his own..Here is about as close to it as he came..


May he R.I.P and may his songs live on...

1 comment:

Jeremy Bates said...

Yeah, didn't know he passed. I always liked that song and am of course familiar with the others. Thanks for the heads up. Cheers.