Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Dukes of September

Even in August, The Dukes of September sound pretty awesome. The band is led by a trio of singers. One is Donald Fagen the vocalist and keyboardist and half of Steely Dan, Michael McDonald who used to be in The Doobie Brothers, and Boz Scaggs who used to be in the Steve Miller Band. The backing band is pretty much Steely Dan's backing band and studio musicians. They presented a wonderful two hour show packed full of their hits and personal favorites. You can read my review here.

Here the band covers Steely Dan's Pretzel Logic...


Here they cover some classic soul with Love TKO...

They closed with song..

There are three other tunes lined to my review. I wanted to mix it up for my blog as I always try to add a little something extra when shamelessly promoting something I wrote. I hope you enjoy and I will be back soon,,,

No comments: