Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jimi Hendrix Passed Away

Two years ago today I wrote a post about Jimi Hendrix passing away 40 years ago you can read it here. I still have many of those what if questions. This bog has changed so much in two years mostly with the addition of pictures and videos. The technology has changed. It really makes me wonder how Hendrix could have changed given 42 years of technology in the music world. His guitar playing and musicianship might have improved as well.

Here is his death announcement from ABC News..


I'll mix it up some and add a song or two...here is Hey Joe



I used to like Walter Cronkite here is his announcement..


Hendrix performing "I Don't Live Today"...

It is neat we can use technology to pull up news reports and music from over 40 years ago. I celebrate Hendrix, thank him for influencing so many others, and I thank him for leaving his musical legacy. Here is a link to a review of a Jimi Hendrix tribute concert I watched earlier this year.

No comments: