Tuesday, October 9, 2012

John Lennon's Birthday

The Presidential Election is coming up in the United States and I have seen so much hate lately. If it isn't hate I have seen groups of people get offended. Heck, I have been offended by a lot of things I have seen. I was going to list the groups I have seen hate directed towards and groups that have been offended. However, I chickened out. I didn't want to offend anyone. I will say it goes beyond Republicans and Democrats. It also goes beyond sports rivalries.

Well today is John Lennon's 72nd Birthday. Yes he has been gone for almost 32 years but I think the timing is right to celebrate his life. Some of his words, songs, might just fit into our lives now.

The song "Imagine"


This one is one of my favorites if not my top John Lennon song.."Instant Karma"


There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving Peace a Chance...


If Instant Karma is not my favorite then this one is...


Happy Birthday John Lennon! Thanks for the songs and thanks for the break from the crazy world we live in. For a few minutes we can think about people in the world living together in harmony, shining on, giving peace a chance, all while watching the wheels go round.

No comments: