Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Today Stevie Ray Vaughan would have turned 58 years old. The world will never know what kind of blues and rock we missed out with him being gone the past 22 years. I know I kick my self for not seeing the tour with him and Jeff Beck. It would have been nice to see him in concert proper.

I thought I would post some videos and celebrate him on his birthday. Starting off with my wife's favorite..."Pride and Joy"

Here is one of his excellent covers of Jimi Hendrix here he tackles the beautiful "Little Wing"


Stevie in my opinion was one of the best at playing Hendrix. But he had some great tunes all his own...

Anyway enjoy and I will be back with something new soon...

2 comments:

Shannon Lawrence said...

I didn't know he played Hendrix? Was it something he did at his concerts? On his albums?

Shannon at The Warrior Muse

Mike said...

Both..Little Wing was on The Sky is Crying album and Voodoo Chile was on Couldn't Stand the Weather