Friday, November 9, 2012

A lot of BluesI

I wrote a preview about the concert I am going to see tonight. It is headlined by The Outlaws, and features sets by blues guitarist Tommy Castro and the Kenny Young Band. You can read that on the examiner where I preview a lot if blues shows and write occasional reviews.I have a video of one of the Outlaws bigger hits on that. Here they perform "Freeborn Man" from 1977...



Here is a tune by Tommy Castro...


Last weekend I was able to see Keb' Mo' and I had heard a bunch of good stuff about him. He was incredible. You can read my review here. The article has three videos linked to it. However, I really liked this song...


Where I live there are a lot of great shows within a short drive. I covered Keb' Mo' while someone else covered Dr. John and The Blind Boys of Alabama now that sounds awesome too. You can read that review here.Of course here are some bonus tracks...

This one he performs with the great Eta James...



and here are the Blind Boys of Alabama....


Cool well I hope you enjoy and I will be back soon with more!






No comments: