Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Arlo Guthrie

It has probably been about 20 years ago since the last tme I saw Arlo Guthrie in cncert. I had the opportunity to see him Sunday night at the wonderful Hylton Performing Arts Center in Manassas. The venue is part of George Mason's Loudoun County campus and it is a intimate, state of the art venue that has amazing sound! The show had Arlo performing alot more songs by his Dad, Woodie, which was to be expected since the tour was celebrating Woodie's 100th Birthday. It was the first time I have seen Arlo Guthrie perform solo without a band. He turned out an incredible set in the intimate venue and you can read my review here. It must be the season for Guthrie, since I was able to review an awesome play about Woody Guthrie called Woody Sez and you can read that review here if you like.It is neat sometimes when cnnections occur between the different things I review.

Here is the video for "Deportee" one of many songs he played Sunday night..



Here he recites a poem...


Check out my review for a few more songs! I will back again with a new post stay tuned!



No comments: