Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy Birthday George Harrison

Today would have been George Harrison's 70th birthday. He was the one Beatle that was still alive when I was able to drive that I did not get to see in concert. George didn;t help to much by not touring often. His album "Cloud Nine" grabbed me more than any of the other Beatles' solo stuff. Perhaps a bit of that was due to Jeff Lynne. Perhaps he was a bit cooler in my mind working with The Traveling Wilburys or his friendship with Eric Clapton. Maybe it was as simple as he was in one of the greatest rock bands The Beatles and he was a talented songwriter. Either way, I am a fan of his music. Cancer robbed the world of a great musician too soon. 

Here is an All-Star version of "As My Guitar Gently Weeps" from 1987 with Elton John, Ringo, Eric Clapton, Phil Collins and more...


George Harrison performing "Something" from a concert in 1992..


Here he performs a song "When We We're Fab"


Happy Birthday and we miss George!

No comments: