Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Fender Stratocaster

Today in music history May 15, 1954 the Fender Stratocaster was officially released. One of the most popular guitars ever made and often copied.

Here is a video comparing two 1954 guitars...



Here is Buddy Guy playing a Fender Stratocaster, live in concert (photo copyrighted by me, Mike Spain)


Buddy Guy is probably the musician who should have influenced my liking of the Stratocaster.  But this guy is the one wh really turned me onto this guitar...Jeff Beck


This guy probably turned the whole world onto Stratocasters...


Of course there is this guy as well...Eric Clapton. here he is talking guitars..



Here is a look into the man behind Fender, Leo Fender's office...


Okay I don't want to be sexist so here is Bonnie Raitt doing her thing on guitar...


Here is how one is made...



Here is another Strat mand David Gilmour..


okay I have to put Stevie Ray Vaughan on this list as well




From blues, rock to country here is Brad Paisley...


and contemporary here is John Mayer...


The thing about a Fender Stratocaster I could go on and on! Happy Birthday Stratocaster!

No comments: