Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Behind the Scenes at CATF

The Contemporary American Theatre Festival every July in Shepherdstown, West Virginia s great for a lot of things. It is great for Shepherd University, Shepherdstown, West Virginia, the actors, the staff and playwrights. Today, on my blog I will be plugging my interview with scenic designer David M. Barber.

He did the set design for "Captors" and "In A Forest" last year. You can read my review of those shows here. This year he did the set of H20 which in my opinion may have been the best play of the festival.You can see what Mark Dewey thought of the play here.Barber also did the set of Modern Terrorism which was another festival favorite as Dewey explains here. David kept busy this year doing the set for Scott and Hem as well. That play was a treat since Hemingway is one of my favorite authors. You can read a review on that play here.

Here is to another fine run of great American plays. Hopefully, the festival will continue to bring great talent to shine in West Virginia. It is great to see Broadway type talents shine close to home.




No comments: