Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy Birthday Bob Weir

The last year I blogged about Bob Weir it was with concern to his health. Today I write to celebrate his 66th birthday. The yen and yang of blogging or just the continuity of a long, strange trip.The longtime Grateful Dead guitarist is a singer, songwriter, and a talented musician. As we celebrate we will look back at his career.

I couldn't pass this up. Warren Haynes was mind blowing this summer paying tribute to Jerry Garcia. If you missed that you can read my review here. Here Warren Haynes trades licks with Bob Weir on the classic "I Know You Rider."

Reflections on the past Bob Weir discusses Jerry Garcia and The Grateful Dead..


Below Bob Weir performs "Lucky Enough" with his band Ratdog...


Bob solo performing "Artificial Flowers"


A live version of "Hell in a Bucket" with the Grateful Dead..


Happy Birthday Bob Weir..enjoy the ride!

No comments: