Saturday, November 2, 2013

R.I.P Bobby Parker

His musical resume is impressive on a world wide level. However, like a lot of great musicians he made the Washington, D.C. area his home. I am talking about the blues guitarist Bobby Parker who I wrote an article about his passing which you can read here.

Obviously on an article like that I am limited on the music I can share. Here I am not. Since I shared the sad story and his bio information in the  article. I wanted to share his music and celebrate his life, I had the privileged to see him perform a couple of times.

He is best known for this influential hit..


Here Bobby Parker plays with Carlos Santana..


Here he performs "Blues Get Off My Shoulder"


I am going to end with The Spencer Davis Group covering Bobby Parker


Bobby Parker rest in peace you will be missed!

No comments: