Monday, November 4, 2013

Voices of Wetlands

I had been wanting to catch Tab Benoit's Voices of Wetlands All-Star Band for sometime. Well the last time I was in New Orleans my friend Eric mentioned they were playing later in the month. I didn't know if I could make it since my hours at work were changing. Well things worked out.

Photo: SEE YOU TODAY IN NOLA!! Wednesday October 23
Harvest The Music Series in Lafayette Square 5:00pm to 7:30pm.

Well the lineup for the band changes quite often. Being the guitar fan that I am I wanted to catch Tab playing with Anders Osborne another great guitarist living in the New Orleans area. My wish was granted! Truth be told I wold have made the trip just to see Tab play.

It was a bonus that the proceeds of the free concert series was going to help the hungry in New Orleans. It sames like everywhere there are hungry and homeless. A good cause, beautiful weather, a good friend, and great music. That's what I call a super mid-week get away.



There was a third guitarist in the band this time around, he was Tom Malone. He was in a local band called The Subdudes and has played with a bunch of greats. The band also consisted of Waylon Thibodeaux on fiddle and Johnny Sansone on harmonica and accordion both musicians were a real treat and added a lot of Louisiana culture to the show.

Here they play "Let it Go" from that show..


Here they perform "Poor Man's Paradise" from that show..


Really you can't beat that for a free concert in a city park! Obviously I enjoyed the show and thought I wold share.

No comments: