Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thoughts on Shirley Temple

Shirley Temple passed away this week at the age of 85.  She will never be remembered as a 85 year old by most. However, she will live on as the sweetheart with the curly locks in old films. Being a parent of a six year old curly top girl creates yet another connection with Shirley Temple the comparison.

My daughter isn't Shirley Temple. My daughter is cute, she is taking ballet, and tap dance. Perhaps one day she will be a star. When and if that happens she will still be my little girl. However, there have been a few people who have said she reminds them of Shirley Temple. Looking back at the career and fame Shirley Temple achieved that is certainly a complement.

 
Above is part of The Kennedy Center program where they honored Shirley Temple. The Kennedy Center Honors is probably the best tribute to this star you can find.

 
Above is "Curly Top" I dedicate it to my daughter but present it in honor of Shirley Temple.
Below is perhaps her most famous tune...


I thank her for the memories that have become new to other generations. I am glad she lived a long life and I hope she rests in peace.

No comments: