Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Reflections on the 2014: A to Z Challenge

The 2014 April A to Z Challenge is over and now it is time for the reflection part.



I survived and I did a post a day. Some posts were easier than others.



Did my blog grow?

Yes four more people started to follow my blog. I had over 2,000 pageviews for the month.
I really liked the comments. Most months I don't get many but in April I get a few. I like them, I like the feedback, the interaction, it kind of makes the blog come alive. I also stumbled into quite a few interesting blogs as well.

The staff was cool. I enjoy the challenge and have done it a few years running.

What didn't work..

I confess I had trouble figuring out how to follow some peoples blog. Some folks I couldn't even find their blogs. The challenge has grown so big!

I like the categories. Perhaps more linking by categories in the future would be a suggestion. This coming from the scatterbrained blogger.

The challenge did get me back to writing and back into blogging. Hopefully my blog will continue with the momentum and grow a bit more!

More than likely I will be back for the challenge in April of 2015!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats n finishing the challenge Mike and can't wait for next year:) u did great in risking up n ur a champ in your own right.

Mike said...

Thanks Vishalbheerooo! It is always fun

Kevyn Knox said...

I tried visiting as many blogs as I could during April, but alas, I did not get to 'em all. So here I am in May, saying hiya to a fellow A to Z-er, and blogger.

So, hiya. I'm sure I will be back again, as I would like to get a community of sorts going 'round these parts.

See ya 'round the web. All Things Kevyn

Mike said...

Kevyn, the door is always open make yourself at home! Thanks for visiting

TaMara Sloan said...

Congrats finishing the challenge! I agree with you that some blogs were difficult to maneuver to actually find their posts.

Michelle Stanley said...

Congrats on completing the challenge. I had similar problems with a few blogs, but that didn't deter me from having a fun time. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Michelle @ http://www.writer-way.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Yeah, it's hard to follow some blogs...and I find it almost impossible to find someone's blog when their profile is linked to google+...ahem. I'm getting better but it's so much easier when I have a URL or a link to visit someone back!
Congrats on finishing, and I'm glad it was a positive experience.
Tina @ Life is Good
On the Open Road! @ Join us for the 4th Annual Post-Challenge Road Trip!

Joanne said...

congrats on the A to Z. I'm now doing the road trip. Time is always an issue. I'm not the best at steady following, but I do stumble upon blogs like yours. Have a great spring.summer and keep writing

Sherry Ellis said...

Congratulations on completing the A-Z challenge!

I can't figure out why some blogs don't have easy follow options, either!

B~Natrelle said...

Hello there. Congratulations on completing the challenge! Thanks also for stopping by my blog. Enjoy the Road Trip.

Entrepreneurial Goddess