Friday, September 26, 2014

Into the Wild real ending


Into the Wild is a book and a movie that has been on my radar for a while. I just haven't picked up the book or watched the movie. Jon Krakauer wrote the book about Chris McCandless who gave up the material world to go live out in the wilderness. Chris died and the coroner's report stated his death was probably due to starvation.

In his book Jon had another theory. However, he may have been slightly off and in a recent article in The New Yorker a student may have discovered what really happened. I encourage you to read the article here I found it to be quite fascinating.

Earlier in the week my Mom had posted something about a guy foraging the wilds in Sweden for food. My thought was caution. Where I live there are creatures that can be lethal if you are not careful, insects that can make you itch, and I am sure some plants can do that too! So, I thought it was funny that later in the week I found this article.

The article was such a great read it made me want to read his book even more. The trailer for the movie looks like a grand adventure but the reality of his death was a slow torture.

Here is a 20/20 segment..


Thanks for visiting, I'll be back soon with a new post.

No comments: