Thursday, November 13, 2014

Happy Birthday to the late Toy Caldwell

It is a great week to celebrate Toy Caldwell's birthday since earlier in the week it was Veteran's Day. Usually I write a blog post about the holiday. This year I missed it due to life. The Veteran's Day Post I like the best is this one.

What does celebrating Toy Caldwell's birthday and Veteran's Day have to do with each other? Toy Caldwell was a veteran. He enlisted in the Marines and served in Vietnam where he was injured. He returned to service after his injury and served from 1966 to 1969.

Music is what Toy Caldwell is mostly known for and in our tribute to Toy we will post a few songs.
One of his best known songs is "Can't You See" which he did when he was in The Marshall Tucker Band. The song features Toy on vocals this version comes from 1973...



Here he performs "Midnight Promises" which features some session work from Greg Allman...


Here Toy performs "I Hear the South Calling My Name"


Hope you enjoyed the story and the music! Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

farawayeyes said...

Yep! I like Southern Rock and I really like The Marshall Tucker Band. Saw them once in Vail, CO. I believe Toy was still with them at the time.