Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Interview with author Kia Carrington-Russell and review of SIA

Displaying Sia Cover.jpg


*Free E-Copy given for review"

REVIEW 4 STARS

Honestly stars may have been hired if I was the more the target audience, which is young adult, fantasy romance. The author Kia Carrington-Russell does let her imagination run wild in this novel. Fantasy wolf people, phantom wolves. The story has trials and tribulations, violence, love, betrayals, and Sia has to make tough choices. Stay alone, kill, be hunted, trust, love are just some of the choices she has to make. Internal, external struggles and sacrifices help create quite a tale. In the end she defines herself.

Fast pace, 191 pages, imaginable twists will capture your imagination as the author pours her's on the page. If you like fantasy, romance, twists, or violence in your reading you can't go wrong with Kia-Carrington-Russell's Sia.

If interested you can check out the book on Amazon here.

Interview

Displaying Author Pic.jpg


Mike: What is the most memorable experience you’ve had throughout your time as an author?

KCR: Probably talking in front of a small business group that wanted to know who I was. They wanted to know about my books and experiences thus far. It was my first time speaking in front of strangers and it was an interesting experience. I hope to do it again sometime soon.

Mike: Tell us something about yourself that your readers would find interesting.

KCR: I am a huge anime and cosplay fan. I love dressing up for the Supanovas and fancy dress parties, and I love anime. Also, Japanese cartoons. They are so awesome to watch and the storylines are even greater. I have a lot of respect for the artwork as well. This is why I want to visit Japan so badly. I plan on spending a few weeks there next year; it’s something I truly can’t wait for.


Mike: What do you want your readers to walk away with after reading Sia? Is there an underlying message throughout the story?

KCR: Yes—to define yourself. Sia thought she knew who she was as she rebelled against the impression others had of her. I hope that readers will think more about themselves, and not act like someone else because of the impression others have of them. This was a costly lesson for Sia. We all deal with this every day of our lives. I would hope that somewhere in amongst Sia’s adventure, readers can find a part of themselves, and be proud of who they are.



No comments: