Monday, March 30, 2015

Happy 70th to Eric Clapton!

Today is Eric Clapton's 70th birthday! This will be the third year in a row that I have celebrated Eric Clapton's birthday. Unlike last year I am not going to see him in concert next month. I have had the honor of seeing him in concert a few times.

I will try not to repeat any of the music that I shared in the last two Eric Clapton birthday celebrations! If you want to read them last year's is here and 2013's is here.

If guitarists like Jimmy Page led me to musical doors Eric Clapton was a portal to the blues. He kicked the doors down to blues and said here it is. Not just in his music but who he had open for him. Seeing Eric Clapton in concert meant seeing Taj Mahal, Jimmie Vaughan, and Robert Randolph to name a few.

So this year I would like to celebrate his career with collaborations. I hope you enjoy.

How about this all star version of "Killing Floor" featuring Hubert Sumlin, Jimmie Vaughan, and Robert Cray...


Eric Clapton and B.B. King perform "The Thrill is Gone"


Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy perform "Hoochie Coochie Man"


Eric Clapton and Keith Richards "Key to the Highway"


Happy Birthday Slowhand! I hope everyone enjoyed!

No comments: