Wednesday, May 20, 2015

End of an Era: David Letterman

Award winning talk show host David Letterman has called it a career. In his career he won two daytime Emmy Awards and 10 Prime Time Emmy Awards. He was nominated for an amazing 52 Emmy Awards.

David Letterman was honored in 2012 as part of the Kennedy Center Honors.


If you are a music fan search out that show where he was honored. Buddy Guy and Led Zeppelin were also honored at that event but this blog post is not about them.

He was also famous for his Top Ten lists here is one last one..


Here is someones compilation of David's best moments:


Do you agree? Any moments they missed? What was your favorite moment? Feel free to share in the comments.

Here is Bob Dylan performing "The Night We Called it a Day" on David Letterman's show..


The title fits as David Letterman called it a day last night.

3 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Mike! I took the full ride, good buddy. I watched all four videos and thoroughly enjoyed every second of them. I laughed out loud as the younger crop of comic geniuses paid tribute to Dave, and when they showed the highlight reel covering his 32 year career as host of a late night show, I was surprised by how many of the guests and bits I remember seeing at the time those episodes were first broadcast.

I needed surgery at the end of January 1983 and spent several weeks in bed recuperating. I stayed up late every night to see the new show that had everybody buzzing, Late Night With David Letterman. I have been a huge Letterman fan ever since. Dave along with a handful of other comics are responsible for influencing and shaping my style of humor.

Thank you very much, Mike, for posting this great salute to David Letterman. It truly is the end of an era!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Great Mike! I watched the Kennedy Honors for Led Zepplin that night, so I caught Dave too!! Good memories there. I thought the steam machine and Richard Simmons was hysterical! I didn't realize Bob Dylan wrote that song! He actually sounds good.

You've made my day with another creative tribute! Bye-bye Dave, we'll miss you.

Liz A. said...

I mentioned tonight was his last show in class today, and the kiddos weren't sure what I was talking about. It took them a couple minutes to catch up.

End of an era.