Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Happy Birthday Pete Townshend



Above picture from Wikipedia of Pete Townshend performing in 1972.

Today is the songwriter, guitarist Pete Townshend's 70th birthday. Which to me sounds like a great excuse to celebrate his music on my blog. I celebrated his 68th birthday here.

One of my favorite Who songs is "Behind Blue Eyes." Here Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam and Joe Walsh help Pete out on this song...


One of his better known solo songs is "Let My Love Open the Door"


From his first solo album here is Pete Townshend with "Day of Silence"


I hope he has many more birthdays and writes many more songs! What is your favorite Pete Townshend song? Favorite Who song? Feel free to share in the comments and I will be back soon!

7 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Mike! Now you're talkin' 'bout my ge-ge-generation. It's hard to believe that Pete is 70 now. Thank you for reminding us. I am not very familiar with his solo projects but I do like "Open the Door." My favorite Who recording is the long album version of "Won't Get Fooled Again" which, as you know, features one of the greatest primal screams in rock history. It gives me goose bumps whenever I hear it!

Thanks, Mike, and enjoy the rest of your week!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Okay - Pete's got some years on me, but I loved his voice and the Who was great. Saw them in open air concert years ago! They were great live!!!

Faves:
#1 - You Better You Bet. I think I'll post that up this week!

Who Are you
Won't get fooled again
Summertime Blues
Pinball Wizard

Happy birthday to Pete. Thanks, Mike.

Mike said...

Dixie..I have seen them a few times always do a great show. Shady thanks for visiting your generation had some great music.

Mike said...

Dixie..I have seen them a few times always do a great show. Shady thanks for visiting your generation had some great music.

Liz A. said...

Okay, now I've got two competing songs stuck in my head...

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary B said...

Thank you for this! I enjoy so many of the Who songs, it's difficult to choose a favorite. And for his solo career I'm going to have to do with Let My Love Open the Door. He's only 70 - so I do believe he has a few more good years in him for us to celebrate.