Thursday, July 23, 2015

Happy Birthday Slash!

Today Slash of Guns N Roses fame turns 50 years old! He was responsible for the many guitar riffs that filled my ears in my later years of high school and early college years.

Starting the celebration with "Sweet Child O Mine"



As my ears had gone from Eddie Van Halen to the older generations of Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Ritchie Blackmore well Slash was a modern guitar hero who in my eyes had that old guitar hero swagger.

Here he is with "Anastasia"  a solo song....



Here is Slash with a band called Velvet Revolver performing "Slither"




Here is a selection of someone's top ten list of Slash unforgettable moments...

Do you have any Slash moments or memories? Feel free to share in the comments...

I'll wrap this birthday celebration up with another Guns N Roses song..

"Welcome to the Jungle:

I hope you enjoyed your stay!

2 comments:

Janie Junebug said...

I was never very interested in Guns N Roses, perhaps because I was no longer young when they became popular. I watched the first video and enjoyed seeing them in their early days. I'll come back to watch the other videos when I have more time. I like Sweet Child of Mine. Favorite Young Man used to be in a band. Sweet Child was one of the few covers they did. They wrote their own songs for the most part. Gosh, that was a fun time in my life--seeing my boy on stage. The Hurricane became more popular because she was the little sister of one of the guys in the band.

Love,
Janie

Liz A. said...

Wow, it's quite the month for birthdays. Never a big fan, but I do have respect for his musicianship.