Thursday, July 9, 2015

R.I.P Sydney-Chanele Dawkins

Once in a while on this blog I like play it forward and spot light another writer or give a shout out to another writer.Even though Sydney-Chanele Dawkins is deserving of being put into a spotlight due to her writing this is not the way that I had envisioned. Most of the writers I know and spotlight or give a shout out to are people I only know in the cyber world. It is a little different when the person is someone you know in person. I have found memories of hanging out with this writer at CATF- Contemporary American Theater Festival after parties and at DC Metro Theater Arts meetings and gatherings. What is sadder is writing a Rest in Peace article. She lost her battle with breast cancer.

Sydney-Chanele Dawkins


I will share the article on her passing penned by Joel Markowitz here. She was a reviewer, columnist, and interviewer at DC Metro Theater Arts and I do recommend checking out her work there. You will find some great interviews on film, theatre, and music. Also there are some fantastic reviews of the Washington area entertainment scene. 


Photo courtesy of DC Metro Theater Arts. Beyond writing she created three feature films, produced plays with local theater groups, and was involved with  several film festivals and art groups. The Washington Area arts scene will definitely miss her. At 47 she passed away too soon. MAy she rest in peace.


No comments: