Saturday, August 22, 2015

Remembering John Lee Hooker on his birthday

I became a fan of the late, great bluesman John Lee Hooker through Led Zeppelin. Zeppelin woujld add bits of "Boogie Chillen'" on their live versions of "Whole Lotta Love."  When I saw Robert Plant when I was 17 he pretty much sealed my fate as a JLH fan when he covered "Dimples."

The original "Boogie Chillen'" ,,,,




I am grateful for the rockers for turning me on to John Lee Hooker because it made me seek him out and actually see him perform before his death. However, this post isn't about the ones that lead me to this musician. It is about the musician John Lee Hooker.

Here he is with "Dimples"...



Here is John Lee Hooker live in the 60's with "Boom, Boom"



Thanks for visiting and letting me tell you how I was turned onto John Lee Hooker and his music. Thank you for letting me share a few perhaps you will become a fan of his. What artists have turned you on to other artists? Feel free to share in the comments. See you soon!


No comments: