Thursday, August 20, 2015

Robert Plant Birthday Celebration

It is the third year in a row I have marked Robert Plant's birthday with a blog post. This time I am dubbing it a celebration. When I mark someone's birthday on the blog I do celebrate their work with some clips so it is not a stretch to call it a celebration.

Robert Plant onstage in 2011 at Constitution Hall in Washington, DC photo by me..



The first time I blogged about his birthday I celebrated John Hiatt's birthday as well. You can enjoy that post here. Here is a link to last year's post. Sharing the links because they contain additional music so you can celebrate a bit longer.

This one is dedicated to my Battle of the Bands friends. They may be thinking "It's been a long tome since I Rocked and Rolled" considering my recent contests in that wonderful blog hop.

Led Zeppelin "Rock and Roll" live from Madison Square Garden...


To those who like my musical blends if late here is Robert Plant with Alison Krauss enjoy.."Killing the Blues"...


More in that in vein but different Robert Plant and the Band of Joy.."Harm's Swift Way"


Something rare from the first Band of Joy before Led Zeppelin.."I Gotta Find My Baby"



From his latest release "Rainbow"...


To some he is a Golden God, to others he was the "Tall Cool One"..


Going to end it with "Thru with the Two Step"


Hope you enjoyed the celebration! What is your favorite Robert Plant song, memory? Feel free to share in the comments. I will be back soon with a new post!


1 comment:

holli said...

He is just too cool!! I love everything he does. Tall cool one to Killing the Blues. I have a huge crush on him. He can sing and look good doing it and my gosh he still has so much hair