Wednesday, October 21, 2015

BOTB Results: I got a Theory



AC/DC's "Shoot to Thrill" was the song on my latest Battle of the Bands. Halestorm was pitted against Theory of a Deadman.

The Results:

Theory of a Deadman won convincingly 11 to 4 against Halestorm. Ironically the song was recorded to be on a movie soundtrack but was never used however the winning song found new life in the Battles of the Band.

The Celebration:

On my page we celebrate the winners by sharing more of their music. A very fitting way to celebrate Rocktober!

Here they are with a song called "Savages" that features Alice Cooper...


They have had three number one hits and I will share them next.

"Angel"


"Bad Girlfriend"


"Lowlife"


Their latest single.."Blow"


Thanks for visiting, thanks for participating in the Battle of the Bands! I will have a new battle on November 1. I will have a new post soon,

7 comments:

Debbie D. said...

I'm not surprised at the result. ☺ Thanks for the mini-concert. This band has some great tunes.

Arlee Bird said...

Justifiable outcome. The "Deadman" just in time for Halloween.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Shady Del Knight said...

No way, Jose! I don't agree with this outcome and I am rather surprised by it. In my mind, heart, ears and gut, Halestorm got it right. Sounding a lot like the original is a very good thing when the original happens to be AC/DC. That's why I also love Krokus, Airbourne and Rhino Bucket, three other bands that produce an authentic AC/DC sound.

Thanks, Mike!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Well geez, Mike... quite a few good licks and sticks on these tunes!

Is it just me, or does 'lowlife' resemble the 'Cody' character from 'Sister Wives'? (Don't answer.)

Yep, and I'm totally blown away by that last tune. Glad I could vote for the winner! See you in November!

Michele at Angels Bark said...

That was a good AC/DC battle! Thanks for posting more of Deadman songs...
Michele at Angels Bark

Guilie Castillo said...

Loved this battle, Mike. And loved all these songs—will be listening to more Deadman (and Halestorm) thanks to you :)
Guilie @ Quiet Laughter

Jeffrey Scott said...

Slightly surprised by this outcome. Wasn't expecting such a blow-out.