Friday, April 15, 2016

A to Z Challenge 2016: Music and My Blog

I am back from my manic trip. My last two posts were short and sweet so I did keep up with the challenge. The letter of the day is M and I chose music. Music isn't my life but it is part of my life. Since it is part of my life it is a subject I tend to blog about quite a bit. At one point I was reviewing concerts so I would blog about shows I reviewed or a musician I interviewed.

Now days I will blog about shows I go to, a musician's birthday, milestone or death. I also participate in the Battle of the Bands which means I have music posts at a minimum four times a month. I enjoy that one because I get to  visit the other participants and I get to listen to a lot of cool songs.

It's al part of my Rock and Roll Fantasy..


A struggle I have is my blog tends to become music heavy. I've wrestled with trying to keep some type of balance on my blog. One month I just embraced it and had all but one post about music. I've thought about creating two blogs one for music and one for other stuff.

But in the end...


Well maybe, but no in the end my blog is just what it is. Do you struggle with balance on your blog? What are some things you struggle with on your blog?

8 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

I don't mind reading about music on blogs--in fact I tend to gravitate towards posts about music. With Battle of the Bands my blogs has tipped in favor of the music, but I also do try to maintain a decent balance of subject manner.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Michele at Angels Bark said...

"But in the end..." Love that song!
Love Bad Company too.
I think you should do just what your heart drives you to write about and if it's mostly music, so be it. Your blog should reflect you.
I struggle with putting more content on my blog. I do the BOTBs and a weekly feature (which I'm not doing now due to the A-Z) called Notable Quotable. Sometimes I just post something that strikes me but I don't seem to devote as much time to my blog as others do. Sometimes it's all I can do to get those pieces posted. So I need to become more focused on content.

Good post.

Michele at Angels Bark

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

I so relate. I continually struggle with balance, and not only with subject but with time and amount of posts. I think you are right, though, in the end, it is your blog and a reflection of you...let it be you! Right?

Debbie D. said...

Fellow music fan, here. I could write and read about music anytime, all the time. :) BOTB is so much fun, isn't it? ☺ You should follow your muse; we all should.

Robin said...

I think that if your blog is honest it's all good. People like that.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

My blog is supposed to be about life and about faith. In the early days it seemed my blog was heavy on the faith and these days overall, it seems to be heavier on the life. But these things don't disturb me. To everything there is a season. I suppose for me the biggest challenge is in deciding how far to go on either. If it is a life post, does it involve others? How would they feel about it being shared? Etc. If it is a faith post, Am i representing well? Am I on my soapbox or merely testifying? I don't always get it right. But what I am always is honest.
Revisit the Tender Years with me during the #AtoZChallenge at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

Jeffrey Scott said...

This dilemma is one I faced a while back. My blog was a hodge-podge of several things. I blogged about weight loss, my writing and Doctor Who. In the end, I branced off to three different blogs. The Fitness/Weight loss one I stopped doing because I lost interest. The Doctor Who one is still up, but I have not posted in a long time. I have not lost interest in it, but simply have not had much to say, that hasn't been told on a million other fan sites. So I've kind of let that one go to the waste side now. It's rough, but sometimes you have to realize you can't blog about everything you want to.

Ericka @ A Quiet Girl's Musings... said...

I struggle with my blog being extremely book heavy. But, I read and listened to 70+ books last year. Books are a big part of my life, so I guess it's only fitting that my blog reflects that. I have been very adamant about blogging outside of my comfort zone during this challenge and not blogging so much about books.