Saturday, April 16, 2016

A to Z Challenge 2016: N is for Navy

On my blog from time to time I do celebrate the military. I  had planned to do a Battle of the Bands post for today's letter but it is the 16th not the 15th so I needed to come up with another topic. My Dad served in the Navy before my time and he worked many years in the contracting business supporting the Navy so it always has had a bit of importance to my family.

My Dad's old ship the USS Bigelow..

USS Bigelow (DD-942) at sea in January 1967

The young men and woman who serve in the Navy do make a lot of sacrifices and I respect them for that. The Navy makes up a lot of the community in which I live so I respect them as neighbors too. I get to see them do things that aww me as well!

Where I live know Navy planes rule..my daughter standing behind an F-18 belonging to the US Navy Blue Angels..



To those who are serving in the Navy I thank you for your service. To those who have served thank you for your sacrifices. To those in the Navy who made the ultimate sacrifice I humbly and simply say Thank You.





6 comments:

Elliptical Man said...

I knew she won an Oscar. But I didn't know the Navy named a ship after her.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

As soon as I saw your first photo, "Anchors Away" started playing in my head. Uncle Hightower was a chef in the navy in WWII. All of our service men and women deserve out heartfelt thanks and full support. Great post, Mike!
Revisit the Tender Years with me during the #AtoZChallenge at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

dolorah said...

HooYah; Go Navy. Well, I'm Air Force, but all pro military :) Got all branches in my family, and deem all as important. Thanks for sharing this Mike.

Debbie D. said...

Yes, the military deserves everyone's full support. My father was career army and a Korean War vet. Impressive images here. Your daughter is adorable. ☺

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Many of my former students are in the Navy or were. One was in the Blue Angels but I think he's moved on from there. I have tons of respect and appreciation for what they do. The submarine guys are a little crazy but who can blame them?

Susan Says

Jeffrey Scott said...

That's an impressive looking ship. And the jet is cool too.