Saturday, July 30, 2016

Happy Birthday Buddy Guy

The last four years I have celebrated Buddy Guy's birthday with a blogpost. I guess it is no surprise I am going for five in a row as he turns 80. I'll try not to repeat videos but I make no promises.

Buddy Guy is a living legend and even at 80 could be the best guitarist on the planet. He is among the eldest Statesmen of the Blues.

He still has the blues...


He was "Born to Play the Guitar"


Now...


What is your favorite Buddy Guy song or memory? Feel free to share in the comments. I'll be back soon with a new post.

3 comments:

Liz A. said...

Happy birthday to Buddy Guy.

John Holton said...

My favorite Buddy Guy memory was meeting him in the restroom at Ratso's in Chicago about 40 years ago. He and Junior Wells were playing together, and Junior, who was drunk or high or both, was rambling to the crowd, so I ran to the restroom. I'm standing at the urinal and the next thing I know Buddy is standing at the urinal next to me. "Man, he's gonna go on like that, I gotta take a piss." We had a laugh about that. Great doesn't even begin to describe him as a guitar player, and he's just a regular guy.

Mike said...

Great story John, and I'm sure it was a great show.