Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Celebrating Jaco Pastorius

Today September 21, 2016 is the 29th anniversay of the dkeath of Jaco Pastorious. He was a very talented and legendary bass player. I invite you to check out the tribute I published here last year as well. That post features some tasty treats for your ears. I would link it but I am posting from my phone.

This year I will do the same with some different videos to continue the celebration.

Up first, is a solo track called "Dolphin Dance"...


Next up is "Third Stone from the Sun" performed with Weather Report


Next up Jaco with Pat Metheny on a tune called "Bright Sized Life"...


Finally Jaco with Joni Mitchell..


That was Don Juan's Wreckless Daughter. I hope you enjoyed the tunes and thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Liz A. said...

I'd never heard of him before.