Thursday, October 6, 2016

Happy Birthday Roctober 7 John Mellencamp

Rocktober continues on my blog as we celebrate John Mellencamp's birthday.
When  I was in seventh grade top 40 radio rocked a lot more than it does today. At that time John Mellencamp was huge on the radio and in my music world. Some how he was put on my musical back burner. Probably the results of being exposed to a ton of music over three decades. However, October 7, 2016 marks the singers 64th birthday. I'm wowed by how he aged so much and by reflecting back on his music.

Back then I was living in "Small Town"...


But this is my story not "Jack and Diane"...


Because "Your Life is Now"...


and we all need "A Hand to Hold on To"...


I hope he enjoys his birthday. If you have a special John Mellencamp memory or song feel free to share in the comments.I'll be back with another Rocktober post soon.

1 comment:

Janie Junebug said...

We lived in Bloomington, Indiana, when John Cougar hit it big. The locals were thrilled. I liked him then, and I like him now.

Love,
Janie