Thursday, October 6, 2016

Rocktober Birthday: 10.5 Steve Miller

Steve Miller turned 73 today October 5, 2016.  It has been a while since I celebrated a birthday on my blog and since it is Rocktober it just sames right.

The first time I saw Steve Miller was on a magical night. The Steve Miller Band was opening for The Grateful Dead at RFK Stadium in Washington, DC. It was also my first Grateful Dead concert. I was able to see him again at a festival 19 years later but it was not the same.

Starting our celebration with "Rock N' Me"..


                                         "Fly Like an Eagle"


                                             "The Joker"


So many great songs. Do you have any Steve Miller memories? What is your favorite Steve Miller song? Feel free to share in the comments.

2 comments:

Liz A. said...

A local radio station noted this yesterday. The song they played along with the birthday announcement (they play songs for those in the listening audience who may not immediately place the person) was "Abracadabra". That was stuck in my head for a while after that...

Janie Junebug said...

Wow! The Steve Miller Band has been around for a long time, and so have I. No big Steve Miller memories for me.

Love,
Janie