Thursday, December 8, 2016

R.I.P Greg Lake

2016 isn't done taking away musicians even though it is December. This time the bassist, vocalist for King Crimson and Emerson, Lake and Palmer has passed away. Progressive fans will certainly miss Greg Lake.


He had a hit with a Christmas song as a solo artist. Here he is with "I Believe in Father Christmas"


Here he is in King Crimson with "Epitaph"


and with Emerson, Lake and Palmer "From the Beginning"


With guitar great Gary Moore "It Hurts"..


Do you have a favorite Greg Lake, ELP, or King Crimson song? Do you have a Greg Lake memory? Feel free to share in the comments. He certainly will be missed. May he Rest in Peace.

2 comments:

Debbie D. said...

Another shocking death in the music world! :( Greg Lake was a wonderful talent. R.I.P. ♥ Thanks for sharing the music, Mike.

Mary B said...

I've lost track, does this leave Palmer.. or has he also passed on? I know the Keith Emerson died earlier this year.

So many musical passings this year. My blog was starting to look like a tribute blog early on this year.