Sunday, September 17, 2017

Monday's Music Moves Me: Country Tribute



It's Monday already? Wow that was fast. Time certainly flies bye quickly. I have been wanting to do tribute posts for a couple of Country music stars who passed away recently and just haven't fund the time to do so. Well with this week's Monday Music Moves Me being a freebie the time is right.

Troy Gentry

Troy Gentry passed away on September 8th in a helicopter crash. He was part of the duo Montgomery Gentry.

"Something to Be Proud Of"


"Back When I Knew It All"



Don Williams

Don Williams passed away on September 8, 2017 in Mobile , Alabama. Small world, I went to Mobile on September 9th. Williams was very influential and had 17 number one hits.

His last number one hit "Heartbeat in the Darkness"


His first number one hit "I Wouldn't Want to Live if You Didn't Love Me"



I hope both of these Country Stars rest in peace.



7 comments:

Catch My Words said...

Although I've never been a fan of country music, I hate to hear of passings. I know there is a huge following of country music, including my son who has fallen for the country sounds since moving to Nashville.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

What a coincidence these two country artists passed within a day of one another! I did not know either of the names and the songs you shared is new-to-me, as well. Troy Gentry's mewsical style has the flavor of the new country which I like and of the two songs you shared by Williams I liked "Heartbeat" the best. Thanks for hitting the dance floor with the 4M crew and have tunetastic week, my friend!

csuhpat1 said...

Very nice tribute to two great artists.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I was so sad to hear of Troy Gentry's passing - I hadn't heard of Don Williams passing, both will be missed!! Thanks for the tribute - great song choices!

John Holton said...

A helicopter crash is a hell of a way to go. May they both rest in peace.

Mary B said...

Great tribute to two great musicians. I've always enjoyed both of them. Montgomery Gentry's 'Gone' and Don Williams 'I Believe In You' are my favorites.

Alana said...

It's always sad when a musician in any genre passes, but, as someone not a country fan, neither name was known to me until their passing. So now, I listen to "Something to Be Proud Of" and I loved the video and the singing both. Gosh. Yes, may they both rest in peace.