Saturday, December 16, 2017

Battles of the Band: The late, Christmas, Silent Night edition

Yes my Battle of the Bands post is running late due to the hustle and bustle of the Holiday season. Today or yesterday was a good day actually, except for the money running away from my accounts. More importantly I was able to help both my kids. 21 and 10 they both have different needs and I was able to come through for both of them and spend some quality time with them.

Well enough about how my day was. My Battle of the Bands post needs to be posted. The 15th has past on just about all time zones I think.




It is a Christmas version of the Battle of the Bands this go around. I am going to use "Silent Night." It is probably my favorite Christmas carol. It can be a very moving carol. I especially enjoy it in a candlelight service.

Contender One: The Temptations

Talking about music I enjoy. I love the sounds of Motown. Their version of "Silent Night" blends a few things into the song.


Contender Two: Pentatonix


Happy Holidays! I am going to share the results of this Battle on Christmas Eve 12.24.17. Vote for the version you like best in the comments. I wish everyone Happy Holidays. If you don't celebrate the Holidays or if this a difficult time of the year I wish you peace.

Hopefully, I will be back with a few more posts soon! 

4 comments:

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

MIKE ~
My favorite Christmas song is Snoop Dogg's 'WHITE (PRIVILEGE) CHRISTMAS'.

Alright, alright, seriously now...

I own a compact disc of Christmas songs, half recorded by The Supremes and half by The Temptations, and I really like it. But I did not care for this version of Silent Night by The Temps. When it comes to Christmas music, I prefer it pretty straightforward most of the time; I don't want it too "jazzed" or "funked" up. And with The Temps' approach here, I nearly forgot I was even listening to Silent Night.

I much preferred the pretty Pentatonix version, and I'll eat the lump of coal I'm getting on Christmas Day if most of the voters don't also side with Pentatonix -- that group who thinks they're a camera.

~ D-FensDogG
STMcC Presents 'Battle Of The Bands'

Arlee Bird said...

Each version to me had a weird aspect that I didn't like, but each also had some really good stuff to it. Between the two versions, according to my preferences, I give my vote to Pentatonix. There was some very beautiful vocalizing going on.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Cherdo said...

Wow, final one that wasn't even close. Though I'd usually love the Temptations, their version didn't do it for me at all.

Totally in for Pentatonix!

Merry Christmas!
Cherdo

Birgit said...

I hate both...hahahaaaa but if I had to pick one, I would pick the Temptations because I could hear this in the background of some romcom Christmas movie. I don’t like pentatonix