Sunday, December 10, 2017

Monday's Music Moves Me: Christmas and the Battle of the Bands

Well I am back on the Monday's Music Moves Me Christmas train this week...



I participate in another blog hop called Battle of the Bands on the 15th of the month, so with that coming up around the corner I thought it would be neat to post the songs that I have used for my Holiday battles here. If nothing else it will show me what songs I have already used.

Last year..

Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas"



In 2015 I used "Christmas Cookies" by George Strait


At that time we were doing Battles Twice a month so.."You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch"


In 2014 I used "Happy Xmas The War is Over" by John Lennon


I invite you to visit my blog on the 15th and see what song I use in my Battle of the Bands Christmas edition! Also a reminder I have a giveaway going on for a Christmas book through my Facebook page details are available here. I hope you are enjoying the Holiday Season!

10 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Mike,

I remember some of your battle songs for past Decembers. George Strait's "Christmas Cookies" is such a cute song and it's a purrfect little country-style ditty. I think it was Thanksgiving weekend, we watched Jim Carey in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". Carey did a great job as the Grinch. He's purrfect for such roles. Of course, you didn't forget the rockers on the dance floor with your Christmas picks, "I Believe in Father Christmas" and "Happy Xmas". Thanks for sharing the joy with the 4M gals and here's hoping you have Happy Christmas season, my friend!

csuhpat1 said...

Beautiful songs. I truly love the John Lennon song. Thanks for sharing these.

Catch My Words said...

Mr. Grinch will never live down his reputation. Unfortunately, he's been resurfacing around our neighborhood by stealing people's Christmas decorations. Also, I love the Lennon song, too.

Unknown said...

GREAT TUNES my friend... and fabulous Post! I believe in Father Christmas is just too cute! I love John Lennon's tune, but believe it or not I didn't know its history with John Lennon... man, am I stupid or what...? DANG!

Mike Golch said...

Great tunes,I went with Hammered Dulcimer Christmas tunes.

Arlee Bird said...

We've seen a lot of Battle of the Bands posts over the years. I won't be doing any Christmas songs, but will be interested to see what you come up with.

Lee
Tossing It Out

John Holton said...

I used the Grinch song, too, and learned that Thurl Ravenscroft, the guy who voiced Tony the Tiger, was the person who sang it. He really got around. Great selections!

Debbie D. said...

Greg Lake's and John Lennon's songs have always been two of my favourites. How sad that they're both gone. ♥

dolorah said...

Now thats a cool Christmas lineup. I had to stop and listen to John Lennon.

Wishing you Happy Holidays Mike.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Loving you Christmas tunes, Mike! Nicely done! :)